Vacationing in Orlando offers plenty of perks like the never-ending sunshine, great restaurants, a lively downtown with endless events, beaches nearby and so much more. But we know the real attraction is the amusement parks. With a niche that fits every dreamer’s idea of fun, you can’t go wrong with any, or all, of the options!
But a day at the parks can be exhausting with so much to see and do. All too often, visitors get overwhelmed, even stressed-out trying to get the most out of their vacation. That is why we suggest taking a down day to relax, rejuvenate and really enjoy your time in sunny Florida. You are on vacation after all.
We’ve gathered a list of some to-dos when you just don’t want to do anything:
- Enjoy a pool day. The great thing about resorts in Florida is that all of them have excellent pools that allow you to lounge on the desk, float in the sun, order drinks and spend the entire day without a care in the world. Just make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen so you don’t feel the effects in the morning.
- Shop the outlet malls. Orlando’s outlet malls offer big brand names for a fraction of the cost, and draw pretty heavy foot traffic with visitors looking for amazing deals. Trust us when we say that you’ll find them here. After a little retail therapy, you can head to one of the many restaurants nearby for a good meal to wrap up your afternoon.
- Do something recreational. Running trails, tennis courts, golf courses, lakes with canoe rentals and paddle boarding—this city has it all. If you want to get outdoors at your own pace, then consider browsing the area for one of the many recreational amenities offered in Central Florida. Visit our friends over at GETLOCAL and they will make sure you experience Orlando like a true local.
- Have a spa day. Sleep in late, see if your resort offers a yoga or meditation class, take a long bubble bath or get a massage. Actively working to relax will help put you in the best head space without worrying about not enjoying your vacation to the fullest. You will be taking advantage of the nearby amenities while preparing yourself for another busy day.
- Nothing. The best part about a vacation is that you don’t have to do anything. Sleep in late, order room service, lounge around until you feel like getting up and going out. Make sure to take time to rest easy and enjoy your time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday responsibilities.
It’s easy to get wrapped up in the chaos of a vacation and trying to fit everything you want to do into a short span of time. But you should actively seek downtime and the opportunity to relax, or you run the risk of burning yourself out. Try taking a down day and see how much better you’ll feel.
FeelXtra allows you to schedule your massage when you want it and where. Schedule with us today!
Coming soon our new app with make it easier than ever to schedule a massage with FeelXtra. Check out our newest video, and be on the look out for its arrival in April!